[erlang-questions] erlc speed (or lack thereof), Make and emake

Scott Lystig Fritchie fritchie@REDACTED
Fri Jan 25 05:46:32 CET 2013

Loïc Hoguin <essen@REDACTED> wrote:

lh> I actually removed it initially to improve my development life
lh> (where I do a lot of dialyzing and running tests), then decided to
lh> stop using it entirely. I use Makefiles anyway, and rebar's
lh> functionality is replicated in just a dozen more lines compared to
lh> the original Makefile.

That's understandable, Loïc, not faulting you for avoiding rebar.

On the matter of reducing startup time, I was quite serious about that.
Both "erlc" and "escript" users would benefit greatly from reduced
startup time.

-Scott