[erlang-questions] erlc speed (or lack thereof), Make and emake

Dmitry Kolesnikov dmkolesnikov@REDACTED
Thu Jan 24 23:28:23 CET 2013

Hello,

I had a following construction in Makefiles

%.beam : %.erl
        $(AM_V_ERL)$(ERLC) $(ERL_CFLAGS) -I ./include -b beam \$<

define rules_ERLAPP
$(1)_BEAM=$(subst .in,,$(addprefix ebin/, $(notdir $($(1)_SRC:.erl=.beam))))
nobase_pkgliberl_SCRIPTS += $$($(1)_BEAM)
endef

It build only touched file… there was no issue with slow compile.
But I've swapped to rebar just to stream line my workflow and still no issues :-)

- Dmitry