[erlang-questions] Erlang4Android

Erik Reitsma erlang@REDACTED
Fri Jan 18 19:39:50 CET 2013

On 01/18/2013 04:25 PM, Björn Gustavsson wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 1:33 PM, Erik Reitsma <erlang@REDACTED
> <mailto:erlang@REDACTED>> wrote:
>
>     On 01/15/2013 10:41 AM, Joe Armstrong wrote:
>>     Golly - I read the code - you modified error_handler.erl !!!!
>>
>>     So what happens is ...
>>
>>        I call android:fooBar(Args) - fooBar is not defined in android.erl
>>        so it's caught in error_handler and then android:rpc(fooBar,
>>     [...]) is called
>>        and this ends up as a Json call to a socket -
>>
>     Yes, that is what happens.
>>
> It might interest you to know, that in R16, you can have a handler for
> undefined functions in each module. (We needed that to implement the parse
> transformation for parameterized modules.)
>
> This new feature has just been merged to the master branch:
>
> https://github.com/erlang/otp/commit/209a479080214ab901116d48b90e91d6c056278d

That's interesting. I will use it to implement this feature.

I modified the error_handler also to look for the source if a compiled
module was not found. I will probably remove that feature and only
compile the module to be run. I can do that in my android module, so I
will be able to leave error_handler.erl unmodified. Quite a relief for
everybody, I am sure. :-)

*Erik.