[erlang-questions] edoc preformatted function specs

Joe Armstrong erlang@REDACTED
Fri Jan 18 18:32:13 CET 2013

On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 10:19 AM, Loïc Hoguin <essen@REDACTED> wrote:

> On 01/18/2013 04:29 AM, Dave Kuhlman wrote:
>
>> I suspect that there is, because none of the erlang documentaion is
>> wrapped
>> and mashed together like that.  But, I've done Web searches and looked for
>> flags and read the edoc docs.  And, I can't get a clue.
>>

> Most, if not all, of the Erlang documentation is in DocBook format,
> including the function reference. I am not sure they use edoc for anything
> inside Erlang itself.

It's not docbook we have our own DTD's - the documentation is
made from a mixture of XML and the spec and type declarations in the code -
the XML and type info is merged together into XML and then
transformed into HTML and (via FOP) into PDF.

The edoc stuff doesn't make it into the printed documentation.
edoc, the type notation and erldoc evolved in parallel and
are not 100% consistent with each other.

Cheers

/Joe