[erlang-questions] suggestion: shorthand functions

Mahesh Paolini-Subramanya mahesh@REDACTED
Tue Jan 15 14:46:27 CET 2013

Ah, you misunderstand.
I'm not running around saying Perl Now! Perl Forever!
Instead, what we do is separate the problem domains (to the extent possible, of course).
There is some set of functionality in the erlang application that needs to be exposed to our business processes - think "add a user", "disable a client", "add billing credits", etc.
These are encapsulated and exposed via escript, and then embedded in perl via 'system' / 'qx' / backquotes / whatever.
The same applies for activities like "rebalance node", "move user to debug node", etc. :-)

cheers
Mahesh Paolini-Subramanya
That Tall Bald Indian Guy...
Google+  | Blog   | Twitter  | LinkedIn