[erlang-questions] What does 'Taints' mean in crash dump file

Fred Hebert mononcqc@REDACTED
Tue Jan 15 13:41:16 CET 2013

I don't know what the original intent of 'taints' were, but if memory
serves me right, they're only used to annotate what NIFs were loaded
in your code at this point in time.

I'm not sure if the meaning is ever gonna change, but in current
versions they will only let you know about NIFs.

By the way, when I struggled with a few crashdump files a couple of
months ago, I ended up writing
https://github.com/ferd/erl_crashdump_analyzer/blob/master/erl_crashdump_analyzer.sh
as a quick way to help me find a diagnostic on a server where there was
no GUI or where running the server for the OTP crashdump analyzer wasn't
an option. Maybe it can help.

Regards,
Fred.