[erlang-questions] Ubuntu update breaking longnames

JD Bothma jbothma@REDACTED
Fri Jan 11 12:01:04 CET 2013

hmmm... my hostname was set "in a roughly proper way" to marlin (marlin
/etc/hosts points to my public IP, /etc/hostname is marlin, sudo hostname
marlin, etc.)

setting all that to something more FQDN-y seems to have made it work.

This still feels a bit like magic, yes. I just found
http://erlang.org/doc/apps/erts/inet_cfg.html which might explain more how
it works for future ref.