[erlang-questions] Environment variables for release

AD straightflush@REDACTED
Wed Jan 9 15:12:57 CET 2013

Yea i think that was it thanks.  One follow-up here, the 'startup' of the
library depends on the parent app thats including it since it can override
some startup parameters via environment variables.  Is there a best
practice here?  I figure you can either

1 - manually start it with application:start(library) in the parent apps
start() and remove it from the auto-start list in release
2 - have a separate supervisor that starts the library but doesnt start the
workers (kind of like how cowboy only starts the clock, but you have to do
cowboy:start_http() in your app).

The problem is I only really have 1 gen_server to start and i would like
the calling application to load first so it can override with its own
environment vars.

Any best practice advise appreciated.

-A