[erlang-questions] Any tcp related changes in R15B* that might cause this?

Sverker Eriksson sverker.eriksson@REDACTED
Tue Jan 8 19:46:43 CET 2013

Anthony Molinaro wrote:
> I agree that the new behavior of returning an emsgsize tcp_error is
> probably correct, however the new behavior also closes the socket.
>
> Before your changes mochiweb and my test could return a 400 error so
> the client would get a response even if they were sending in a bad
> request.  After the change the client just gets a remote side closed
> connection message.
>
> So I guess the question is, why is the connection being closed?  Is
> that also something the other packet protocols do?

Yes all packets protocols act the same in this sense.

You can use socket option {exit_on_close, false} to only do a half-close
and still allow writing to the socket.

/Sverker