[erlang-questions] Environment variables for release

AD straightflush@REDACTED
Mon Jan 7 15:15:39 CET 2013

Hello,

 I have a library being built that is leveraging environment variables.
 There is a line in the library include file that looks like

-define(CONST, lib:get_env(Key,Default)).

the lib:get_env function simply checks

    application:get_env(lib, Key) % in order to check the library.app first
 and then
   application:get_env(Key) % check for local overrides

 However when i place variables like the following in the main example.app
file in ebin/

{application,example,
             [{description,[]},
              {env,[{'COWBOY_HTTP_PORT',9090}]},

Nothing is getting read.  I am not sure if this needs to be in
rel/files/app.config instead?

Appreciate any help here.

-AD