[erlang-questions] first erlang program

Steve Davis steven.charles.davis@REDACTED
Sun Jan 6 13:02:06 CET 2013

I'm going to rebut my previous post!

Whenever I'm creating a useful application I now "naturally" resort to
using OTP support, but it's not strictly necessary. In fact, if you are
learning it may not be very productive to introduce too many parts of the
platform in one go. The next thing to understand is actually just nodes and
node communication in the core erlang modules.

Secondly, I'm not sure the sieve is a good candidate for an algorithm to
distribute since the outcome of each calculation is reliant on all previous
calculations. You may consider a different program that has parts that can
be obviously partitioned out into independent blocks of processing.

best,
/s