[erlang-questions] Manually remove a message from Process Mailbox

Tony Rogvall tony@REDACTED
Fri Jan 4 21:03:36 CET 2013

Yes, of course :-)

Not sure what I was drinking...

/Tony

On 4 jan 2013, at 20:55, Erik Søe Sørensen <eriksoe@REDACTED> wrote:

> [forgot to write the list]
>
> That would be
>   receive TheMsg when TheMsg=:=Msg -> ok end
> (or shorter but perhaps less clear:
>   receive Msg -> ok end
> where Msg is already bound)
> assuming of course that you won't be trying to remove the non-first copy of a specific message - but given that you say you're trying to emulate the receive expression, and that doesn't allow it, then the above should be what you want.
>
> 2013/1/4 Aggelos Giantsios <aggelgian@REDACTED>
> Happy New Year to everyone!
>
> I am trying to simulate the 'receive' expression behaviour.
> I access the process message queue with erlang:process_info(self(), messages).
> Assuming I have selected a message Msg which is at position k in the message list and have safely stored it in a variable,
> is there a way to manually remove Msg from the process message queue?
>
> Thanks,
> Aggelos

"Installing applications can lead to corruption over time. Applications gradually write over each other's libraries, partial upgrades occur, user and system errors happen, and minute changes may be unnoticeable and difficult to fix"