[erlang-questions] Strings and Text Processing

Steve Davis steven.charles.davis@REDACTED
Thu Jan 3 14:11:36 CET 2013

Hi Jesper,

I do most certainly agree with your comments. The requirement for text processing is almost entirely a boundary consideration - made quite common owing to the number of text-based protocols and file formats out there. The provision of codecs that transform from string to the internal data representation, and then from the internal representation out to a string is a not-infrequent requirement of the code. Decoders are frequently far harder to write than encoders - and as I noted, made harder still when using erlang strings than when using binaries.

Regards,
Steve