[erlang-questions] Elevator demo

Loïc Hoguin essen@REDACTED
Tue Jan 1 00:39:26 CET 2013

Hello 2013,

Just a quick link targeted mostly to people who teach Erlang or those
who want to demonstrate its features.

Last September Scott gave me the code he had for an old Ericsson
elevator training application that shows an application with a bug, and
an upgrade available to perform a release upgrade to fix the bug live.
As these are elevators, the bug (doors opening at every floor) can be
quickly seen fixed since the elevators will continue moving until their
destination without the bug triggering anymore once you did the upgrade.

You can find the source here:

   https://github.com/extend/elevators

It should work for R15. Probably does for R14 too, but I didn't test it.

As this is an old demo it uses gs, but I will port the code to wx for
R16 once it is released if nobody did it before.

Patches are welcome. Also if you know more about the history behind this
application, I'm interested and will put these infos in the README file.

--
Loïc Hoguin
Erlang Cowboy