[erlang-questions] Am I leaking memory inside my linked in driver?

Serge Aleynikov serge@REDACTED
Tue Feb 26 01:40:21 CET 2013

The ei library in C doesn't implements atoms in the same way how Erlang
emulator does. I.e. there are no atom structures created or destroyed -
the atoms binary representation is encoded in external Erlang binary
format to the pointer pointed by ei_x_buff*.

So as long as you initialize the ei_x_buff using ei_x_new() and
deallocate it with ei_x_free() you are fine.