[erlang-questions] Diameter Proxy in Erlang?

Ivan Ostres iostres@REDACTED
Thu Feb 21 11:30:07 CET 2013

Hi all,

I have to build an diameter DCCA proxy and thinking of doing it in
Erlang since diameter stack is available in OTP. I have to build this
because we have one diameter client which has burned-in set of AVP's (it
doesn't send MSCC AVP which is mandatory for billing system) so I have
to change an CCR message a bit and send it to OCS - of course some bits
need to be changed in answer also.

I looked through relay.erl and relay_cb.erl in diameter examples and
noticed that it calls the following function with atom 'relay':

handle_request(_Pkt, _SvcName, _Peer) ->
{relay, [{timeout, 1000}, {extra, [relayed]}]}.

Is it possible to change the _Pkt that is being relayed since it is not
a part of return statement?

Or should I do separate client and server?

Please advise,
Ivan