[erlang-questions] ssl cb_info vs custom socket library

Ingela Andin ingela.andin@REDACTED
Thu Feb 7 14:23:23 CET 2013

Hi!

The cb_info option is to not lock the SSL implementation to use TCP as
transport protocol.  An other reliable transport protocol implemented
with same API could be used. At the moment we do not have any other
transport protocol. The transport workaround is for the TCP protocol
specifically, so the check is to avoid the whole workaround. Your
problem however is that the assumption is that it will be an inet
socket. And inet:setops will be called directly on the socket. So to
enable what you want to do probably there should be an callback module
for inet too.
We would rather not wrap gen_tcp to allow it to be the same module!

Regards Ingela Erlang/OTP team - Ericsson AB