[erlang-questions] About etop question

郎咸武 langxianzhe@REDACTED
Tue Dec 24 14:20:41 CET 2013

Thanks a lot
The PROCESS of most consumers is fixed with memsup. The
 memsup:get_memory_data/0 method only get number of allocated bytes of the
largest Erlang Process on the node. It canot get the next  Process,That is
a pity.
The entop is very good tool.  The entop is modified  in the FreeBSD.To
replace #!/bin/bash  with #!/usr/bin/env  sh.

Jason

2013/12/17 Anthony Molinaro <anthonym@REDACTED>

> Also, you might consider
>
> https://github.com/mazenharake/entop
>
> it does a really good job and doesn't have the formatting issues that I've
> had
> with etop.
>
> -Anthony
>
> On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 11:26:18AM +0100, Jesper Louis Andersen wrote:
> > On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 10:33 AM, ????????? <langxianzhe@REDACTED>
> wrote:
> >
> > > In recently days, i found our server consume a lot of memory. For
> example,
> > > I  only type erl command in the shell. It is about to consume 4G
> memory. I
> > > try to monitor with etop toos. Then i met a new question which the
> Memory
> > > column  display some stars[1].
> >

> > It is the formatting code which notes it cannot represent the size of the
> > number. Usually because the call to io_lib:format specifies a given
> number,
> > N, of characters and the numbers representation is too big to fit into N
> > characters.
> >
> > Good libraries/tricks for hunting these kinds of problems:
> >
> > * install an alarm_handler and run mem_sup. Report stuff about the Pid
> > using too much memory.
> > * Use Fred Hebert's `recon` library (ferd/recon on Github).

> --
> Anthony Molinaro                           <anthonym@REDACTED>

--
只为成功找方法,不为失败找理由