[erlang-questions] Elixir Protocols in Erlang & a Strange Warning

Kaveh Shahbazian kaveh.shahbazian@REDACTED
Fri Dec 13 17:56:08 CET 2013

First "stringer" was a sample for (turned out it was a bad one) simulating
protocols. So one could write (it can be more complicated, but whatever):

test(V) ->
    X = ?protocolX(V),
    X:act1(),
    X:act2(),
    % ...
    X:actN(SomeArguments),
    OtherThings().

And act1 .. actN are members of 'protocolX'. This way it's clear that 'V'
is behaving as a 'X' (much like interfaces in C#; am I too corrupted?).

BTW since I am no Erlang guru, I will follow the rules (for a foreseeable
future) as you say here.

Kaveh Shahbazian
“Walking on water and developing software from a specification are easy if
both are frozen.”
― Edward Berard
<http://goo.gl/ZZ2TMu>
<http://stackoverflow.com/users/54467/kaveh-shahbazian>