[erlang-questions] pg2 scale limits

Michael Truog mjtruog@REDACTED
Thu Dec 12 19:50:40 CET 2013

If you want to avoid the global lock, you can do so with cpg (https://github.com/okeuday/cpg/), which provides the same pg2 API with additional functionality.  It does this with the default macro define of GROUP_NAME_WITH_LOCAL_PIDS_ONLYwhere the global lock is not needed if only local Erlang pids are used with the cpg API.  If necessary, the define could be commented in the cpg_constants.hrl file, to have the same global locking pg2 does.  cpg doesn't use ets like pg2 does, and with the default cpg_constants.hrl defines it requires the group names are strings (list of integers), but that can be changed with GROUP_STORAGE.