[erlang-questions] enforcing concurrent make in otp_build

Anthony Ramine n.oxyde@REDACTED
Thu Dec 12 13:51:54 CET 2013

I do MAKEFLAGS="..." ./otp_build ...

As a side note, GNU Make 4 has a nice feature for improving parallel build output:

       -O[type], --output-sync[=type]
            When running multiple jobs in parallel with -j, ensure the output of  each  job  is  collected
            together rather than interspersed with output from other jobs.  If type is not specified or is
            target the output from the entire recipe for each target is grouped together.  If type is line
            the  output  from  each  command line within a recipe is grouped together.  If type is recurse
            output from an entire recursive make is grouped together.  If type is none output synchroniza-
            tion is disabled.

This makes Clang diagnostics readable even in a parallel build.

--
Anthony Ramine