[erlang-questions] enforcing concurrent make in otp_build

Kenji Rikitake kenji@REDACTED
Thu Dec 12 13:13:04 CET 2013

I am trying to find out how to enforce concurrent execution of `make`
in the otp_build shell script.  I want to do the same thing as `make -j8`.
So far I have discovered that setting the environment variable MAKE will do,
such as `env MAKE="make -j8" otp_build build`.  Am I in the right path?
(Note that on FreeBSD it's `gmake`)

I want to make the build process of the kerl script faster, such as in

    env MAKE="make -j10" kerl build R16B03 r16b03-test # `gmake` on FreeBSD

I`d be glad if I could hear more efficient ways to do this.

Regards,
Kenji Rikitake