[erlang-questions] myproto development status (erlang as an SQL server)

Alex Wilson alex@REDACTED
Fri Dec 6 02:49:35 CET 2013

On 29 Nov 2013, at 7:59 pm, Max Lapshin <max.lapshin@REDACTED> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> Some time ago Manuel has released myproto library: https://github.com/altenwald/myproto
>
> This is an implementation of mysql server protocol.

Has anyone had a look at how hard it would be to add support for the MySQL 4.1 prepared statements protocol? I’m kinda curious if this could be used as a convenient transport for some other semi-SQL-like languages like SPARQL or other graph queries, but their quoting rules are not always identical to SQL, so the prepared statements protocol could make a lot of sense. Do you think it could be useful as a transport like this? (after disabling the SQL parser part)

Maybe I’m crazy and taking this “use mysql protocol instead of HTTP” idea too far? :)