[erlang-questions] mnesia silent failure and table corruption

Håkan Mattsson hm@REDACTED
Tue Aug 27 16:01:37 CEST 2013

On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 3:05 PM, Janos Hary <janos.n.hary@REDACTED> wrote:
> All,
>
> I started to write records into a table from a simple test function. When
> the table size reaches 2GB write transactions still report success, but they
> are silently ignored. The table became unusable, read operations return
> error, and mnesia cannot recover the table. How shall I avoid such
> situation?

Try using mnesia:sync_transaction() instead of mnesia:transaction().
Then Mnesia will use syncronized calls to disk_log (and syncronized
commits when several nodes are involved).

/Håkan