[erlang-questions] Schedulers getting "stuck", part II

Rapsey rapsey@REDACTED
Sat Apr 27 11:16:58 CEST 2013

Our code uses a lot of small NIF calls. The code basically does some
memcpy and ends with a write to a non blocking file descriptor. It can
get called thousands of times per second.
We moved a few servers to R16. The CPU usage is  noticeably lower than
R14, but worryingly so. At first we had a lot of problems with
schedulers just stop working for up to a minute. Even the console was
unresponsive. I saw basho added erlang:bump_reductions calls to their
NIF calls and we added that. It did improve the situation but small
blocks still seem to happen.

Sergej