[erlang-questions] Message Loop in Gen_Server

Garrett Smith g@REDACTED
Wed Apr 17 20:01:00 CEST 2013

If you're receiving messages in the loop, you're working too hard :)

Once you start the gen_server, any messages sent to that process (i.e.
anything that you'd receive in your loop) can be handled via
handle_info/2.

If you're polling something, see if you can configure that something
to send you a message directly instead. I know you can do this with
the rabbit client.