[erlang-questions] Listen to SSL and normal TCP connections on the same port

Ingela Andin ingela.andin@REDACTED
Wed Apr 17 09:41:18 CEST 2013

Hi!

2013/4/17 pablo platt <pablo.platt@REDACTED>

> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to accept SSL connections and normal TCP connections on the
> same port?
> Maybe accept normal TCP connections. If the connection is SSL connection
> pass it to the ssl module  and if it is a normal TCP connection just handle
> the socket.

It is possible to upgrade a tcp socket to an ssl socket.

If it is possible, how can I distinct SSL from non SSL connections?

That is the hard part. You must have some scheme to negotiate the upgrade
with the client over plain tcp. (Like STARTTLS, HTTP Connect etc)

> How can I pass the socket to the ssl module?

ssl:ssl_accept(TcpSocket, SslOptions)  or ssl:connect(TcpSocket,
SslOptions)
make sure the socket is passive ({active, false}) before you make the call.

Regards Ingela Erlang/OTP team Ericsson AB