[erlang-questions] [WnCC] Re: integrating nodejs with erlang code

aman mangal mangalaman93@REDACTED
Mon Apr 15 05:27:15 CEST 2013

Hi,

Thanks everyone for their time to reply on this post.

Anil, TCP/IP sockets are slow(not really actually) compared to erlang
message passing in an erlang cluster. The more important thing is if I use
erlang message passing and other distributive features of the language, it
will avoid writing the code myself, will be more fault tolerant and more
reliable to use. As I cannot do everything in erlang, I am using node.js on
the front end side (erlang is on back end side). My application is running
in a cluster where any server may have to talk to other for information, I
thought that doing the nodejs to erlang communication locally and use
message passing among the nodes in the cluster will be better.

Thanks once again :)
I will try some of the ideas given here and will experiment and choose the
one that fits to my requirements.

Aman Mangal
3rd year Undergraduate
IIT Bombay