[erlang-questions] eheap_alloc: Cannot allocate 1272748 bytes of memory (of type "heap").

Martin Dimitrov mrtndimitrov@REDACTED
Fri Apr 12 16:38:19 CEST 2013

Hello,

I perform performance tests on our app and I manage to crash the VM
every time with the above message. What bothers me is:
1. the allocation request is low: 1-4 MB
2. the total amount of used memory is also low: 300-500 MB (the test
machine has 8GB of RAM)
3. all processes have low consumption of memory (highest 3 MB) but the
app creates many(?) of them: about 2 500
4. there is no Running process, one is Garbing and it is started by
YAWS. About 100 processes are Scheduled and all the rest are Waiting.
This state repeats on every run.

The test machine is Windows 8, 4 cores, 8 GB Ram, running Erlang R16B
and YAWS 1.6.

Thank you very much,

Martin