[erlang-questions] Using the half-word emulator with the erlang-solutions ubuntu package

Konrad Gądek konrad.gadek@REDACTED
Wed Apr 10 20:36:48 CEST 2013

Hi,

As far as I'm aware, we don't have half-word emulator enabled in our packages, so this seems like an erroneous statement on ESL website -- I'll investigate it more tomorrow.

Both disabling HiPE and enabling half-word emulator are done while building packages. Some more info: http://stackoverflow.com/a/1185490/547223

/Konrad Gądek

----- Original Message -----
From: "pablo platt" <pablo.platt@REDACTED>
To: erlang-questions@REDACTED
Sent: Wednesday, April 10, 2013 2:59:07 PM
Subject: [erlang-questions] Using the half-word emulator with the	erlang-solutions ubuntu package

Hi,

The page on the erlang-solutions website says that the packages support the half-word emulator:
https://www.erlang-solutions.com/downloads
"These have included HiPE enabled, 32 and 64 bit configurations, alongside the half-word emulator"

I see [hipe] when starting the shell so half-word is probably not enabled.
I'm not using hipe so there is no problem disabling it.

Do I need to set a flag when installing the deb package?
Do I need to use a flag when starting erlang or creating a release with rebar in the vm.args?

Are there reasons not to use half-word besides the 4GB process memory limit?

Thanks