[erlang-questions] Need help with async disk IO and thread pool on many devices (more than 1 Gbit/s )

Patrik Nyblom pan@REDACTED
Wed Apr 3 11:39:26 CEST 2013

On 04/03/2013 11:25 AM, Max Lapshin wrote:
> sendfile doesn't work for me, because I need to postprocess data from
> file.
>
> thread pools can really help, because I can read major_device from
> read_file_info and route all requests to this pool id.
>
> and right now it seems that I need to launch dozens of external
> workers that just read and reply with block from opened file.
Yes, right, writers in separate processes doesn't help - you have to
isolate the reader threads for that device, my mind slipped there :) You
need to have either a new driver that reads the files or a separate
process if you're not to patch the efile_driver and prim_file.erl...

Cheers,
/Patrik