[erlang-questions] Mysql Query builder lib in Erlang?

Vineet Naik naikvin@REDACTED
Tue Apr 2 14:19:51 CEST 2013

On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 5:29 PM, Dmitry Kolesnikov <dmkolesnikov@REDACTED>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've made Erlang port of whiskers.js template library
> https://github.com/fogfish/swirl
>
> as a side effect is become a client-side SQL query template builder, which
> I've started to use for my project.
>
> Here is a small example:
>
> swirl:c(mysql, "SELECT * FROM Users WHERE id={id}").
> mysql:render([{id, "xxx"}]).
> "SELECT * FROM Users WHERE id=xxx"

This is an interesting approach but not exactly what I am looking for.
I am searching for an alternative to writing raw queries in code.

I have one idea ie. to express the query may be using tuples and lists. and
have a
set of functions transform it to sql. Not sure if this will make things
more complicated
though :-) but it's just an idea.

Thanks,
vineet