[erlang-questions] Spec is diabolical IMHO

Loïc Hoguin essen@REDACTED
Thu Sep 27 20:49:51 CEST 2012

On 09/27/2012 08:11 PM, freza@REDACTED wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 10:29:24AM -0700, Raoul Duke wrote:
>> the real technical solution would be for somebody to port the ideas of
>> Typed Racket over to Lisp Flavoured Erlang. :-)
>
> It would perhaps help to move all typespecs to single section somewhere
> at the top of source file (this is probably possible even today?), or
> even better move them to a per-application .sig file that has all the
> annotations for all modules in that app... (I share the perception that
> they're distracting when scattered all around the place).

I'm of the opposite opinion. It's annoying enough when you add a public
function that you have to go to the top of the file to export it, I
wouldn't want to have to open another file to add the specs too.

--
Loïc Hoguin
Erlang Cowboy