[erlang-questions] Spec is diabolical IMHO

Daniel Eliasson daniel@REDACTED
Thu Sep 27 13:35:26 CEST 2012

In my experience, a lot of functions perform tail calls in such a way
that it's not immediately clear which types will be returned. Without
specs, it's frequently necessary to start following the code many
levels deep in a branching tree. Exported functions should have specs;
at the very least those intended as an API to other applications
should.

If I can't look at an API function and very quickly understand
i) what type of values I am to pass as arguments, and
ii) what type of values I get in return,
then I have resort to archeology or empirical studies, both of which
are unpleasant.

/Daniel