[erlang-questions] [ANN] EGTM: embedded ACID compliant NoSQL engine for Erlang

Tomas Morstein tmr@REDACTED
Mon Sep 24 23:58:18 CEST 2012

Hi, there are several points:

- IDEA EGTM depends on FIS GT.M which is under AGPLv3 for Linux/x86, Linux/x64, OpenVMS/Alpha and Tru64. GT.M is available for more platforms, but under commercial conditions directly from FIS;
- IDEA EGTM is free (AGPLv3) and should work against all the GT.M versions on all the platforms where both Erlang and GT.M is available.
- there is no commercial license for EGTM base. Only support and some non-public extensions are available on commercial contract basis;
- we wanted to make licensing more permissive (for example, Evan Miller, author of ChicagoBoss, recommended us to go with MIT), but it seems to be pointless since the GT.M itself is under AGPLv3 in the best (= the most open) case (Linux)
- EGTM is not only Erlang code, it's mixture of Erlang, C and M[UMPS].

So finally, you don't need to acquire any license neither from FIS nor from IDEA if you're on Linux/x86 or Linux/x64. That's also reason why there's no price list :-)
If you already have a valid commercial license of FIS GT.M for any non-Linux platform, EGTM is still free, but we expect/recommend you to order EGTM support from IDEA too.

...well, that's our default policy. For interesting projects, we are flexible enough to discuss an individual conditions/exceptions.