[erlang-questions] Relationship between erlang:memory/1, ets:info/2 and erlang:process_info/2

Anton Lebedevich mabrek@REDACTED
Sat Sep 22 10:18:35 CEST 2012

There could be even more inconsistensies between memory consumed by
erlang vm and statistics reported by memory().

top output
15863 root      20   0  721m 559m 3316 S    0 14.1   3:47.58 beam.smp

(node@REDACTED)1> memory().
[{total,103534784},
 {processes,18226104},
 {processes_used,14971560},
 {system,85308680},
 {atom,2247985},
 {atom_used,2227049},
 {binary,33598272},
 {code,25217445},
 {ets,1857024}]

Total in memory() output is about 100Mb but real memory usage of
erlang vm (R14B04) is ~600Mb