[erlang-questions] Is inet_parse.erl deprecated?

Fri Sep 21 14:53:57 CEST 2012

On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 03:12:49PM +0200, Matthias Lang wrote:
> I find these functions quite useful:
>
>   inet_parse:address/1
>   inet_parse:ipv4_addr/1
>   inet_parse:ipv6_addr/1
>   inet_parse:ntoa/1
>
> but inet_parse isn't documented at all. Is that an oversight, or are
> those functions available through something else?

It is an oversight, or rather it is on our ToDo list.

But we have not decided if it is those we will document, or if
it is better to create wrappers a'la inet:parse_address/1 to
not expose the module inet_parse as an API module...

There are too many using these so it is probably not possible
to remove them without a deprecation cycle, even though they
never have been supported. And they will not be deprecated
until there are alternatives e.g in inet.