[erlang-questions] [erlang-bugs] bug in code:lib_dir

Fred Hebert mononcqc@REDACTED
Tue Sep 18 21:39:03 CEST 2012

It sounds like you could solve the problem quite easily by adding an app
file to your directory, transforming it into a library application,
assuming the following project structure:

lib_dir/ebin/my_app.app
lib_dir/include/my_app.hrl

where my_app.app looks as follows:

{application, my_app,
  [{description, "useful header files for Joe"},
   {vsn, "1.0.0"},
   {modules, []}]}.

This should give you an entirely empty library application -- with no
beam code, but a .app file is present. This makes it visible to
ERL_LIBS, usable as a dependency with rebar, visible and manageable in
releases, etc.