[erlang-questions] Style wars: junk comments

David Mercer dmercer@REDACTED
Wed Sep 12 18:58:05 CEST 2012

On Wednesday, September 12, 2012, Vlad Dumitrescu wrote:

> This is slightly the wrong crowd to mention erlide to :-) but it can
> also navigate to the definition of things. This discussion also
> prompted me to create a ticket for an feature where the related
> functions can be shown together in the editor, regardless of where
> they are located in the file. Also we could group and arrange the
> source code too, using topological sort based on the dependencies.

Interesting idea for a source code transform that can compute the directed
graph of function dependencies and serialize them in an intelligent order,
grouping connected function close to each other.

(1) Anyone know of any good directed graph clustering and serialization
algorithm that might be appropriate for this?

(2) How would we handle semantically related but dependency unrelated
functions, such as start & stop, push & pop, add & remove, etc.?

Cheers,

DBM