[erlang-questions] Jinterface receiveRPC bug?

Damian Dobroczyński qoocku@REDACTED
Fri Sep 7 12:33:47 CEST 2012

Hi list!

We've found irritating problem with jinterface (R15B01): from time to
time "receiveRPC()" method returns "null" instead of
sensible value. After short digging we've found such scenario:

... sendRPC/receiveRPC
[java] erlang Jinterface says: I got: '{rex,['node102@REDACTED
<mailto:node102@REDACTED>']}'

... sendRPC/receiveRPC
[java] erlang Jinterface says: I got: '{rex,{jpg,#Bin<32162>}}'

... sendRPC/receiveRPC
[java] erlang Jinterface says: I got: '{rex,['node102@REDACTED
<mailto:node102@REDACTED>']}'

... sendRPC/receiveRPC
[java] erlang Jinterface says: I got:
'{'$gen_call',{#Pid<node106@REDACTED>,#Ref<node106@REDACTED>},{is_auth,'node106@REDACTED
<mailto:node106@REDACTED>'}}'

(we've changed "receiveRPC" method to produce log entries)

"{rex, ...} messages are OK. The last one is suprising. Is it proper
behavior? I mean, does a Java node receive occasionally "is_auth"
messages (I think they are related somehow to net_kernel module) ?
"node6" IS the node we're connected to.

-- D.