[erlang-questions] What API should be used in port-drivers to guarantee thread-safety of driver_send_term and driver_output_term?

Rickard Green rickard@REDACTED
Thu Sep 6 10:15:08 CEST 2012

I suspect that we put different meanings into the expression "detached
thread". However, just so that there are no misunderstandings I want to
point out that you cannot create detached threads, i.e. threads that
cannot be joined, using the erl_driver api. This since unloading of a
driver cannot be made safe if the driver doesn't join all of its threads
before it is unloaded.

Regards,
Rickard