[erlang-questions] gen_tcp send blocks gen_tcp recv.

Satyam Shekhar satyamshekhar@REDACTED
Tue Sep 4 09:45:23 CEST 2012

@erik: I wasn't sure if this was the standard practice. Also, this
complicates the architecture. Now, I ll have 2 processes, that manage a tcp
socket. One for receiving and one for sending, both having reference to the
same socket. Is this ok?

@arun: The article on trapexit only show how to do async accept. It doesnt
do async send of gen_tcp socket.
To elaborate on the problem - I have one process that is an abstraction
over the gen_tcp socket. It does xml parsing on the data received on the
tcp socket and forwards parsed data to the controlling process. Also it
receives the xml from a process and sends it on the tcp socket. Lets call
this smart socket. Now, if the process that sends data to  smart socket,
sends too much of it, smart socket starts to starts blocking on send calls.

How do people usually handle such scenarios?