[erlang-questions] Difference between ei.a and ei_st.a?

Zabrane Mickael zabrane3@REDACTED
Mon Sep 3 06:27:12 CEST 2012

Hi Björn,

> ST is not thread safe. You get only libei_st.a if configure can't find a suitable thread library.
> Both are built when a thread library is found.

Ok I see. So the best is to link with "libei.a" which is threa safe (and avoid "ibei_st.a"), right?

Does the same apply for windows? Should I link with "ei.lib" instead of "ei_md.lib"?

> On a side note. Are you sure you want to use erl_interface in a NIF or a linked-in driver?

No no, it was just an example.

Regards,
Zabrane