[erlang-questions] Fail politely, fail noisily

Erik Søe Sørensen eriksoe@REDACTED
Sun Sep 2 09:25:33 CEST 2012

We used a similar, though more lightweight and probably less
thought-through version of this: use make_ref() and show the reference both
to the user and in the logs.
(Compared to Jesper's approach, this has potential uniqueness issues, and
gives less control over display form, unless you really work for it. On the
other hand, Jesper's function technically has a uniqueness problem wrt.
multiple nodes - so it'd make sense to add a node() component there.)