[erlang-questions] ETS In Erlang

Garrett Smith g@REDACTED
Tue Nov 27 15:35:45 CET 2012

It denotes the position of the "primary key" that's used when you store a tuple.

I find it help to experiment with code, especially using the shell. If
you're confused about behavior, spend some time tinkering -- there's
no substitute for it.

1> T1 = ets:new(t1, []). %% keypos defaults to 1
16400
2> ets:insert(T1, {foo, "Foo"}).
true
3> ets:lookup(T1, foo).