[erlang-questions] [ANN] The Erlang Development Tool Suite

Simon Thompson s.j.thompson@REDACTED
Mon Nov 26 23:12:04 CET 2012

Torben, Thomas,

We're very keen to integrate with EDTS; more in due course when we've worked out what's needed …

Simon

On 26 Nov 2012, at 22:05, Torben Hoffmann <torben.lehoff@REDACTED> wrote:

> Hi Thomas,
>
> I'm sure that you will find Simon and Huiqing very open to your needs regarding Wrangler integration.
>
> I have just tried out edts and it works brilliantly - especially the shell is a charm!
>
> But, alas, I am a Wrangler man, so I have uncommented the edts code and now I eagerly await the integration with Wrangler!!!
>
> Cheers,
> ___
>  /orben
>
> On 2012-11-26 16:16, Thomas Järvstrand wrote:
>> My pleasure :)
>>
>> I had a look at Wrangler only last week and unfortunately it's very tightly integrated with Distel. It's definitely something I would like to have in there but I think it will take a bit of work and I'll probably need the wrangier devs on board to try and disentangle the dependencies.
>>
>> Next things will be to integrate with Dialyzer and the Erlang debugger, after that I may get a chance to have a more serious look at wrangler.
>>
>> Thomas
>>
>> 2012/11/26 Son Tran-Nguyen <esente@REDACTED>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Thank you so much to make this package! It's really easy to get everything for Erlang development in one spot.
>>
>> Is there any plan to integrate Wrangler as well?
>>
>> Sincerely,
>>

>> Son Tran-Nguyen
>>

>> On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 2:27 AM, Thomas Järvstrand <tjarvstrand@REDACTED> wrote:
>> Using Emacs for your Erlang development? Of course you are!
>>
>> The Erlang Development Tool Suite for Emacs will make your life a lot easier:
>> The Erlang Development Tool Suite (EDTS) is a package of useful development
>> tools for working with the Erlang programming language in Emacs. It bundles a
>> number of useful external packages, together with specialized Erlang plugins for
>> them, and its own features to create a complete and efficient development
>> environment that is easy to set up.
>>
>> Currently EDTS provides:
>> - A snazzy erlang shell wrapper with syntax highlighting and auto-completion.
>> - In-buffer flymake-like compilation
>> - In-buffer xref checks
>> - Rudimentary project support
>> - Code navigation.
>> - Auto-completion, using auto-complete-mode
>> - Auto-highlighting, using auto-highlight-mode
>> - Convenient access to Erlang documentation
>> - In-buffer running of unit tests
>>
>> In the works:
>> - Dialyzer integration
>> - A nice interface to the erlang debugger
>> Find it at:
>> https://github.com/tjarvstrand/edts
>>
>> Special thanks to the people who have helped me turn this into what it is: Samuel Rivas, João Neves, Håkan Nilsson, Markus Näsman and my eager group of beta-testers at the Klarna Engineering Department.
>>
>> Feedback, feature requests and patches would all be highly appreciated.
>>
>> Regards
>> Thomas Järvstrand

Simon Thompson | Professor of Logic and Computation
School of Computing | University of Kent | Canterbury, CT2 7NF, UK
s.j.thompson@REDACTED | M +44 7986 085754 | W www.cs.kent.ac.uk/~sjt