[erlang-questions] app for watching/monitoring other erlang nodes

Loïc Hoguin essen@REDACTED
Wed Nov 21 01:41:54 CET 2012

On 11/21/2012 12:55 AM, Garrett Smith wrote:

>>> Still can't understand why people spent time using bad designed softwares.
>>> No serious person uses Nagios these days.
>>
>> Pretentious much?
>>
>> I don't use it, but I know many people who do, for the simple reason that it
>> works for them. Why change what's not broken, etc. If it doesn't work for
>> you, sure, but don't diss out people who don't have issues with using it.
>>
>> Let me send you back your comment modified: No serious person asks
>> themselves "is it well designed?" instead of "does it work?" as their most
>> important criteria to choosing which software to use. Can do the same about
>> changing software that works.
>
> Everyone's entitled to lash out emotionally at a software package
> that's caused them pain :)
>
> I do think this is an excellent application for Erlang though.

Me too. But to get more info than just up|down you need SNMP and/or
user-defined daemons and that's a lot more work than just checking if an
operation succeeds.

--
Loïc Hoguin
Erlang Cowboy