[erlang-questions] app for watching/monitoring other erlang nodes

Loïc Hoguin essen@REDACTED
Wed Nov 21 00:37:30 CET 2012

On 11/20/2012 07:43 PM, Zabrane Mickael wrote:
>> I've spent a lot of time dealing with Nagios quality issues, and
>> eventually decided to never use it again. If I knew that ahead of time
>> I could have skipped all that. So yeah, risk.
>
> Still can't understand why people spent time using bad designed softwares.
> No serious person uses Nagios these days.

Pretentious much?

I don't use it, but I know many people who do, for the simple reason
that it works for them. Why change what's not broken, etc. If it doesn't
work for you, sure, but don't diss out people who don't have issues with
using it.

Let me send you back your comment modified: No serious person asks
themselves "is it well designed?" instead of "does it work?" as their
most important criteria to choosing which software to use. Can do the
same about changing software that works.

--
Loïc Hoguin
Erlang Cowboy