[erlang-questions] C nodes and select loops

Michael Truog mjtruog@REDACTED
Wed Nov 14 18:06:49 CET 2012

The main problem is handling the is calling the ei_receive (or one of the variations on this function) often enough so no node ticks are missed, such that you don't cause a nodesplit.  This is the ERL_TICK shown in http://www.erlang.org/doc/tutorial/cnode.html , mentioned here http://erlang.org/doc/man/ei_connect.html#ei_receive .  So, this provides a maximum time you have to process internal events, unless you create separate threads to do work internally, within your cnode.  You can always set the net ticktime to be longer, but I have found that to cause problems with links between nodes (due to assumptions that seemed to exist, which may not exist now).  If you are doing integration like this, consider looking at CloudI (http://cloudi.org), which helps to avoid cnode integration (cnode integration limits system scalability, because of the net ticktime).