[erlang-questions] Why is hybrid heap gone in R15B02?

Patrik Nyblom pan@REDACTED
Tue Nov 13 16:38:55 CET 2012

On 11/13/2012 03:25 PM, Xiao Jia wrote:
> According to http://www.erlang.org/download/otp_src_R15B02.readme:
>
>     OTP-10105  Remove all code, documentation, options and diagnostic
>       functions which were related to the experimental hybrid heap
>       implementation.
>
> I consider hybrid heap as a promising feature. Why is it removed?
I agree it was a promising approach, but alas it was not working, had
not been working for a long time  and no one intended to get it working
(if even possible). We cannot keep every experimental feature in the
code hoping for someone to fix it one day, the code clutter would be
immense... The code is still there in older versions for anyone interested.

> Thanks,
> Xiao Jia
Cheers,
Patrik